Anime News in Chile(^^)
This Month in channel I-Sat will be broadcast "Bublegum Crisis" from Monday to Friday.
Claudio Araya [mail] / Mar.11,2004
During early December, "Sen to Chihiro no Kamimakushi" was theatrically released! A nice surprise ^_^
Pablo Jiménez Martínez [mail] / Dec.27,2003
From Animeportal (http://www.animeportal.cl) [in Spanish]: Next Saturday (8 November 2003), Cinemax (http://www.cinemax-la.tv) [in Spanish] will broadcast "Metropolis" at 22:15 CLST.
Pablo Jiménez Martínez [mail] / Nov.4,2003
I-Sat [in Spanish] will start to broadcast Neon Genesis Evangelion next Saturday (6 September 2003). I-Sat is a channel from Argentina, available through many cable TV providers here in South America.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Sep.3,2003
At the moment, ETC... TV (http://www.etc.cl) [in Spanish] is broadcasting "Sakura Taisen".
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Jul.29,2003
Fox Kids TV Latin America will start to broadcast "Kinnikuman Nisei" (under the title "Kid Muscle"?!?!) during early July.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Jun.28,2003
Lastest news: * ETC... TV (http://www.etc.cl) [in Spanish] will start to broadcast "Hunter x Hunter".
* Cartoon Network Latin America (http://www.cartoonnetworkla.com) [in Spanish] started since early December to broadcast the Spanish-language version of "Toonami".
* Fox Kids Latin America (http://www.foxkidstv.com) [in Spanish] is broadcasting "Crayon Shin-chan".
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Dec.28,2002
* New TV shows: These shows started during the last two weeks.
- Licca Chan, Cartoon Network Latin America [in Spanish].
It started on early November, 2002.
- Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Chilevision [in Spanish].
It started last Monday (November 5th, 2002).
* Movies on TV: - Card Captor Sakura: The Sealed Card, Cartoon Network Latin America [in Spanish]. The movie will be aired at November 10th, 2002.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Nov.6,2002
Next Thursday (October 31st, 2002) Chilevision [in Spanish] will air "Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz". Yay!! :-)
Pablo Jimenez / Oct.30,2002
Last Monday (October 14th, 2002) Chilevision [in Spanish] started to run Gundam Wing (Mon-Fri 5:30 PM CLST).
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Oct.22,2002
Gundam Wing will start today (July 1st, 2002) at 16:30 CLST.
Thanks Cartoon Network Latin America [in Spanish]!!! :-)
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Jul.1,2002
Next Monday July 1st 2002, Cartoon Network Latin America [in Spanish] will start to run Gundam Wing.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Jun.29,2002
Evangelion will start at June 23rd, 2002 19:00 CLST.
Chilevision [in Spanish] is going to do it!! :-)
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Jun.20,2002
Last Sunday (June 2nd, 2002) Etc... TV (http://www.etc.cl) [in Spanish] premiered "Captain Tsubasa: Road to 2002". The series was dubbed in Mexico and Chile is the first country in the Americas who is airing it.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Jun.5,2002
Something I forgot:
Since last February, ETC... TV (http://www.etc.cl) [in Spanish] has been running "Otra vez Koni!" (aka "Dotto Koni-chan" in japanese). A REALLY weird and funny series.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Apr.19,2002
New TV series list: * Koni-chan, ETC...TV [in Spanish].
* Ultraman Tyga, ETC... TV [in Spanish].
* Hamtaro, Cartoon Network Latin America [in Spanish].
Since last Saturday (March 30th, 2002) Chilevision [in Spanish] has been airing a little announce... Evangelion will be soon in chilean TV!!. According to some information from Animeportal [in Spanish], Chilevision will start to run Evangelion during May/June this year. We don't know the schedule, but we will send the information ASAP.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Apr.2,2002
I've just seen the TV ad on Chilevision channel. Shin Seiki Evangelion will be aired soon. Still no date. I don't know yet if it's going to be the full stuff or a cut version suitable for children.
Kuroi Neko / Apr.1,2002
Well, this is not anime but it's japanese and good stuff. Since last friday (March 29th) cable channel Etc TV started to air Ultraman Tiga. It´s a spanish dubbed version and the opening song is in spanish (based on the original japanese) and the ending song is in japanese. It keeps the characters original names.
Kuroi Neko / Apr.1,2002
Last Monday (January 6th, 2002), Fox Kids Latin America [in Spanish] premiered "Akihabara Denno Gumi" (aka "Cyberteam in Akihabara"), the TV series. According to Animeportal (http://www.animeportal.cl) [in Spanish], Cartoon Network Latin America [in Spanish] will add a new special broadcast. Then, in next February, Cartoon Network Latin America will have Cartoon Network Mexico [in Spanish], Cartoon Network Argentina (http://www.cartoonnetwork.com.ar) [in Spanish] and the brand-new Cartoon Network Chile . Cartoon Network Chile will have much more anime and probably an adult anime segment, that will run "Cowboy Bebop" and much more serieses.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Jan.11,2002
Cartoon Network Latin AmericaA [in Spanish] will air "Corrector Yui" and "Popolocrois" next December. Schedule will be as follows:
Corrector Yui: Mon-Fri 16:30 (4:30 PM) CLST.
Popolocrois: Mon-Fri 07:00 (7:00 AM) CLST.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Dec.2,2001
News from Animeportal [in Spanish]:
* New serieses in ETC... TV (http://www.etc.cl) [in Spanish]. During this month (November, 2001), they will start to run "Cybercats" ("Cyborg Kuro-chan" in Japanese) and "Zoids". "Zoids" will be aired Monday-Friday 15:30 CLST and "Cyborg Kuro-chan" will be aired Saturday-Sunday 15:30 CLST& and schedule can be found here. Chilevision [in Spanish] also started to run "Cyborg Kuro-chan" at Saturday mornings. Besides, ETC... TV [in Spanish] created a new Saturday-morning segment called "Grandes aventuras en ETC... TV" ("Big Adventures in ETC... TV" could be a translation ;-) from 9:00 CLST until 15:00 CLST every Saturday. During this 6-hours segment, they will run a kind of marathon dedicated to their serieses. They started with "Tenchi Muyo".
* "Orphen" is out from ETC... TV's schedule :-(
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Nov.6,2001
Last Monday (October 15th, 2001) Cartoon Network Latin America [in Spanish] started to run Dragon Ball. According to AnimePortal () [in Spanish], Cartoon Network will not cut the series as many local TV stations did it in the last 4 years in all South America. Yay!! ^_^
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Oct.17,2001
Chilevision started to run Card Captor Sakura (well, early September, really) and today Monday 24 start the broadcast of Tenchi Muyo and Digimon 02. That's good^^
Angie Mansilla / Sep.25,2001
Last Monday (September 17th, 2001) Chilevision [in Spanish] started the broadcast of "Zoid" . As far as I know, the series seems to be funny but it's a classic "mecha" series (boy gets a robotic friend and together they fight the evil :-). Dubbing work could be from Mexico and it's fine.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Sep.23,2001
Cartoon Network Latin America [in Spanish] gave the official announce that they will start to run "Rurouni Kenshin" (aka "Samurai X") since early September at 17:00 (5:00 PM) CLST. That's good!! ^_^
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Sep.1,2001
El 21 de julio se estrenó por ETC TV la serie Sorcerous Stabber Orphen.
Diego / Jul.26,2001
El día 21 de Julio se estrenará en Chile la serie llamada Gulliver, en el canal etc...tv.
Jose Soto [mail] / Jul.22,2001
News from AnimePortal [in Spanish]:
* Cartoon Network Latin America [in Spanish] will air "Rurouni Kenshin" (a.k.a. "Samurai X" in Latin America) in September. Also, They acquired "Tenchi Universe" and Tenchi's OVAs. There are posibilities to see through them Card Captor Sakura's movies and Gundam Wing's series.
* Fox Kids Latin America [in Spanish] acquired "Cyber Team In Akihabara"
TV series; now they are airing the movie and they will soon broadcast the TV series.
Also they are interested in "Stabben Orphen".
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Jun.28,2001
Last Saturday (May 12th, 2001) and last Sunday (May 13th, 2001) Fox Kids Latin America [in Spanish] aired "Patlabor 2" (Patlabor's 2nd movie).
Congratulations to Fox Kids to let us enjoy it. (^_^)
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / May.16,2001
Very good news from Animeportal's Forum [in Spanish]:
* "Cyber Team in Akihabara, The Movie" was bought by Fox Kids Latin America [in Spanish] and it will be aired as the third anime movie in this year (the first anime movie aired by Fox Kids Latin America was "Patlabor, The Movie" and this month will be aired "Patlabor 2, The Movie").
* "Tenchi Muyo" was bought by Cartoon Network Latin America [in Spanish] and it will be aired in the "Talisman" segment ("Talisman" is, in some sense, the Cartoon Network Latin America's "Toonami").
* There are many rumours about Chilevision [in Spanish] and "Neon Genesis Evangelion". According to this rumours, "Neon Genesis Evangelion" will be aired very soon in "Tsunami", Chilevision's anime segment.
* With a 70% of probability, "Taiho Shichauzo, The Movie" will be released theatrically in Chile.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / May.3,2001
From Animeportal [in Spanish]:
* According to some information from Chilevision [in Spanish], they will air Taiho Shichauzo and Tenchi Universe (Tenchi Muyo's 26-episodes TV series) as part of a new program named "Tsunami!", with anime as its main subject. Schedule will be Mondays - Fridays 19:30 CLST.
* There are rumours about Fox Kids Latin America [in Spanish] and their interest in Taiho Shichauzo.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Apr.3,2001
Last Sunday (April 1st, 2001) Etc. TV [in Spanish] started the broadcast of Taiho Shichauzo (dubbed in Chile), Tenchi Muyo (dubbed in Chile... The 26-episodes TV series), Yamazaki and The Secret Garden. Also, they have new seasons of Meitantei Conan and Nitama Rantaro.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Apr.3,2001
Last Monday (March 12th, 2001) started Patlabor's TV series at Fox Kids .
The series was dubbed in Mexico and we can say the cast has done an astonishing work. The series kept the opening and ending in japanese (credits and songs).
Some news from Anime Portal [in Spanish only]:
* Since last Monday, Chilevision started a new season of Meitantei Conan.
* Fox Kids Latin America will air Patlabor's second movie during May.
* According to some rumours, Etc. TV will begin to air Taiho Shichauzo's TV
series during April. Etc. TV has no confirmed it in their web site.
* More rumours and more serieses during April in Etc. TV... Tenchi Muyo (dubbed in Chile), Yamazaki,
Secret Garden and Card Captor Sakura.
* Theatrical release of Taiho Shichauzo's movie at Chile, Venezuela and Argentina during this year.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Mar.15,2001
Special Radio Soundtracks anime the Sunday at 22:00 hrs in Radio Futuro
Pera el bueno palpico / Mar.4,2001
Last Saturday (February 24th, 2001) Fox Kids aired Patlabor's first movie during their anime marathon. Patlabor's TV series will begin during March 12, 2001 in the segment they are calling "Invasion Anime". Last Sunday (February 25th, 2001) finished Escaflowne in TVN
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Feb.27,2001
From Fox Kids Latin America web site [in Spanish]. Since February 24th, 2001; Fox Kids Latin America will premiere Patlabor and Dinozaurs in their new anime segment, probably looking for fight against Cartoon Network Latin America [in Spanish] and Card Captor Sakura (or probably not ^_^). It seems to me very interesting that Fox Kids had chosen Patlabor, because it is one of my favorites series ^_^.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Feb.9,2001
Last Saturday (January 6th, 2001) TVN resumed Lost Universe (from episode 21)
and changed its airing hour. So Lost Universe now will be aired just Saturday at 11:25 AM (CLST)
as part of a kids' program named "Estacion Buena Onda". Something similar happened to Escaflowne,
but in Sundays. All schedule can be found at TVN's web site. [in Spanish].
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Jan.11,2001
Today (December 28th 2000) Etc. TV (http://www.etc.cl) will run the last episode of Escaflowne.
Despite the fact TVNstarted Escaflowne before Etc. TV TVN just aired first 18 (or maybe 20) episodes and then all started from the beggining (probably TVN got a good rating for the time Escaflowne is aired [17:30 CLST] and don't want to lose it very soon).
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Dec.28,2000
Two movies were showed without previous notice. Yesterday (Nov 26, 2000) Chilevision ran at 19:00 CLST (Chile Standard Time) Ranma's first movie.
All movie dubbing cast wasn't the same of TV series dubbing cast. Strange.
Saturday night (Nov 26, 2000) TNT Latin America, a cable channel, showed "In The Aftermath",
an american movie with animated sequences from Oshii Mamoru's "Tenshi no Tamago".
Weird live action segments but really good animation.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Nov.28,2000
New anime show on TV regular Lost Universe; Escaflowne & buffy la cazavampiros(not sure) these are broadcasting from 16:30 to 18:00 in TVN ( www.tvn.cl ) this channel have national extention. My personal opinion of 1st ep of Escaflowne :
open song :was cut *damn*
original name( until now):remain from original Hitomi Amano Vargas *excellent*
music or soundtrack :remain kano *excellent*
translating:very good ( amano senpai = superior amano ?!)
advice of break in middle of ep: was cut *damn*
any cut or censure: I don't see nothing cut; * later I will compare with original *
ending song :just a couple of seg? *damn*
finally :is a very good version I'am happy....
Claudio Araya [mail] / Nov.16,2000
Yesterday (Nov. 13 2000) not only started Escaflowne but also was aired first episode of Lost Universe. Lost Universe has a good job in dubbing. All mexican vocal actors and actress let us enjoy this incredible series. Sorry about the date in my last message (Real date was Nov. 13 2000).
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Nov.16,2000
Today (Nov. 5 2000) at 5:00 PM (Chile Standard Time) will be aired first episode of "Tenkuu no Escaflowne" by TVN. I hope they will show the series without many changes.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Nov.14,2000
Thanks to God Card Captor Sakura didn't suffer any changes. The only thing that isn't so good are the voices that the characters have, especially Kero-chan.
Daniela Dú}z / Nov.11,2000
new anime broadcasting on Cartoon Network : Card Captor Sakura! but Macek Ghost attack again ( my friends sayed this ) eps are not sequential and suffered cut......damn..c
Claudio Araya [mail] / Nov.8,2000
New Slayers episodes all the saturdays at 3:30 PM in Chilevisi
JaNo / Jun.28,2000
CHV are broadcasting gegege no Kitaro. Claudio
Claudio Araya [mail] / Nov.29,1999
hi friends, Chilevision ( CHV )are re-broadcasting SLAM DUNK, from 1st eps. we are waiting news eps.
I heard romurs about spanish version for TV of Escaflowne in mexico is true?
Claudio Araya [mail] / Oct.29,1999
Pocket Monster began his TV transmition on August 1st, 1999. All through cable channel Etc TV.
Pablo Jimenez Martinez [mail] / Aug.11,1999
After a long time of discussion Anima has arranged as an another face of art, people is starting to understand that Anime isn't just for kids... many channels make announcements of their new Anime stuff: Neon Genesis Evangelion (possibly)
, Pocket Monster, new chapter of Dragon Ball Z, Ranma 1/2, etc...
It is a great step for chilean Otakus and television
A. Jacobsen [mail] / Jan.1,1999